Plastic Free Eastbourne's
36th Monthly Meeting
Plastic Free Eastbourne Monthly Meeting 36: Sunday 14th November 2021 7pm Agenda
Location: Crown and Anchor 15-16 Marine Parade, BN21 3DX
2 mins Welcome & Personal greetings ~ depends how many are “in”. 1 minute each max.
1 min Apologies: Christina Kearley
Minuter ~ Sue Dixon has agreed to take our minutes. Thank you for previous minute taking.
10 mins 1) “Speaker of the Month”: 9} Pauline von Hellermann ~ Leading our EcoEd2030 group: “Eastbourne Eco Action 2030 ~ a challenging ambition” End by: 7.13
2) Matters arising from the minutes:
4 min ~ 1) Review: Last month's (11th) challenge success? “'sign up to the “Benign Plastics” petitions'”
2 min ~ 2) Marine Study Centre ~ progress
4 min ~ 3) Post Zoom meeting location: Sept & Oct: Lansdowne Hotel; Nov: Crown & Anchor; Jan: Hydro Hotel
2 min ~ 4) Blue Flag and Seaside Awards progress? 2 min ~ 5) Titan360 film record: “A great video” ~ D.S. https://youtu.be/zrsdX9WKR4E “Sea Swim” End by: 7.27
10 min 3) Titan360 and “Eastbourne Spring Water Festival 22”: 13th to 22nd May 2022~ our next Steering group was on 10th November. Ideas for events are welcome, such as this one:
5 min 4) This month's ~No. 12 ~ Challenge of the Month: Use Up All Of Your Resources End by: 7.42
5 min 5) Lobbying campaign: “Benign Plastics” now “Biomass Plastics” End by: 7.47
10 min 6) “Snippets”:
~ Liz Magraw 24 9 21
b) Purevo Hygiene ~Refill Shop~ are at 104, Firle Road (Mon to Fri 9 to 5 ~ message first) with a recycling bin ~ they get made into furniture and things. Stall to come to our ESWF22 c) “Green Shoots” https://link.news.inews.co.uk/view/60f8217a1cf28624ce155e87f1tcn.4m2/eb21b2d7 “i” news sheet d) Catherine Pymble: St Andrew's Church, Seaside, Eastbourne are pleased to announce that we are now registered as a collection point for recycling Pringles Tubes. Tubes can be brought to the Church and placed in the box in the porch 8.30am-5.30pm everyday except for Friday. Or they can be passed on to Fr David.
e) Rosie Miller: Robert Dyas in Eastbourne take water filter cartridges for recycling at their store: just to take them to the till
f) Roots and Hoots: Zero waste on-line delivery service End by: 7.57
5 min 7) Refill* progress: a) £1000 funding offered by South East Water.
b) Cornish Refill Stations: from “Our Only World” ~ Tina Robinson: progress report.
c) Eastbourne Spring Water Festival 22. Event added: “Refill Quest” by Jill Shacklock (Uni Brighton)
d) New grant ~£1000~ received via EBC devolved budget
e) Aviva Community Crowdfunder: £3190 (9/1/21) End by: 8.02
5 min 8) Plastic Free Eastbourne 'Christmas Dinner' at the Crown and Anchor Sunday December 19th Choices of menu by 1st December Invitations sent out. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for menu choosing End by: 8.07
10 min 9) Other causes ~
Participant contributions: to be “tabled” · email@example.com · https://www.theinkbin.co.uk/so/f4NmNDNHP?languageTag=en&cid=8d608a74-9390-41f5-96b9-56faff64227d#/main
· A new member of our campaign ~ Christina Kearley ~ is running in the Eastbourne Half Marathon. She is fundraising for Plastic Free Eastbourne. Please help her raise £1000 for a Refill Station: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/eastbourne-half-pfe?utm_term=NebMBBdwA&fbclid=IwAR3dsctqKk1yADnIrnToPOCjq7ZsuxtPj1hAD1m8gQ7wSaCgMCzqUl8bvA8 End by: 8.17
5 min 10) Diary of events:
1) Tuesday 7th December 8pm Greenpeace Planning Meeting: Crown & Anchor
2) December weekend: Warm Norm and BHASSEXPLORE “18 tonnes has now been gathered and bagged and removed from the marine environment in the past 20 months on this six mile stretch of beautiful and remote, wild and untamed coastline”
3) Sunday 28th November 10am Mucky Mermaids: next beach clean ~ Wish Tower. Then: Sunday 26th December 10am ~ Fisherman's Green
4) 31st October to 12th November: COP26 ~ "Conference of the Parties" in Glasgow End by: 8.22
End by: 8.17
1 min 11) Annual General Meeting: 12th January Town Hall ~ to be confirmed End by: 8.23
7 min AOB:
~ Next month's challenge: ~Number 13 ~ Eco-Friendly Christmas
~ next meeting Sunday: 9th January, 7pm at the Hydro Hotel (to be confirmed). “Speaker of the Month ~ to be chosen.
~ Items for next monthly meeting?? End by 8.30
For sale: 1)Wild Tribe Heroes books by Ellie Jackson ~ £7.99p each. On line: in the notes section write “PFE” and we will receive the profits for each book sold ~ https://wildtribeheroes.com/shop/
2) “Plastic Free Eastbourne” Cotton T-Shirts £9 each; new version £12 each ~ Organic Regenerated Cotton “Ecologie” by Awdis.com
3) Litter pickers £4 each. £7 folding litter pickers
Please contact me if you would like to purchase from these last 3 items.
Oliver Sterno Community Leader ~ Plastic Free Eastbourne
Community Coordinator ~ Refill Eastbourne