Working together, we can make a difference
We collaborate with the local council and authorities, schools, some environmental organisations, and local businesses to all support our mission - to reduce single use plastic and continue our work to make Eastbourne Plastic Free.
Minutes, Meeting No. 30
PFE Monthly Meeting 29: Sunday 7th March 2021 4.30pm
Present: Oliver Sterno, Sue Dixon, Jo Seaman, Denise and Martin Walsh, Jeff Geipel, Ting Plaskett
Apologies: Rachel Edwards, Sue Burton
1) “Speaker of the Month”: 5} Jo Seaman Heritage Manager spoke eloquently about the “Beachy Head Story” and how many incredible stories there are to tell. He also described how inspirational developments in the future could change the perception and role of this landscape. The shop will open in April 12th and stock local and ethical products and the exhibition opens on 17th May.
2) Matters arising from the minutes:
i) Review: Last month's challenge success – those present had all made efforts to reduce their use of single use plastic within their shopping. Some used Milk and more, some Hankham Organics and others the local greengrocer.
ii) Cycle route litter picking ~ Jeff Geipel updated the group on this which will take place on April 24th. Look out for social media and other publicity.
iii) Surfers Against Sewage research volunteer – Ting Plaskett volunteered for this role in this 6 month research project
3) “Spring Water Festival”: 14th to 23rd May ~ Progress update Oliver outlined the events
4) This month's ~No. 7~ Challenge of the Month: : reduce water consumption~ toilet cistern: add a brick; covid-19 handwashing for 20 seconds, NOT with the tap running; same with toothbrushing; don't sing in the shower; choose shower over bath; reuse kitchen (grey) water for garden watering
5) Families & Young people item: a student has chosen our campaign as her good cause to raise funds via Just Giving ~ as a singer.
6) Refill progress: installation plans – the Refill station has been installed at Harbour Reach
7) Website: update on www.plasticfreeeastbourne.co.uk
8) Other causes i) Warm Norm continues strongly ~ BHASSEXPLORE
9) Young and BAME participants: search for volunteers continues
AOB: Local Lottery donating £185. Oliver expressed his thanks
~ Next month's ~Number 8~ Challenge of the Month: Visit all Refill stations
~ next Jitsi meeting Sunday: 2nd May 4.30pm. “Speaker of the Month ~No.8” Oliver Sterno will speak about “Spring Water Festival” Use this link please: https://meet.jit.si/MonthlyMeeting312521
Minutes: Sue Dixon
~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For sale: 1)Wild Tribe Heroes books by Ellie Jackson ~ £7.99p each. On line: in the notes section write
“PFE” and we will receive the profits for each book sold ~
2) “Plastic Free Eastbourne” Cotton T-Shirts £9 each; new version £12 each Organic Regenerated
Cotton “Ecologie” by Awdis.com
3) Litter pickers now only £4 each
Please contact me if you would like to purchase from these last 2 items
Oliver Sterno Community Leader ~ Plastic Free Eastbourne