Plastic Free Eastbourne
Monthly Meeting: 39
Sunday 6th March 7pm Agenda
Click here to join the meeting via Microsoft Teams.
Alternatively, please participate IN PERSON.
We will be meeting in the Eastbourne Chamber Meeting Room.
Thank you to Christina Ewbank for offering this venue:
49 Gildredge Road BN21 4RY
2 mins ~ Welcome & Personal greetings ~ depends on how many are “in”. 1 minute each max.
Thank you to Stuart Durand for minuting last month's Monthly Meeting.
1 min ~ Apologies:
Minuter ~ please someone volunteer for “Action/Decision” minutes End by: 7.03
1) “Speaker of the Month”: 10} Oliver Sterno, “Eastbourne Spring Water Festival 22 ~ our programme so far” End by: 7.13
2) Matters arising from the minutes:
4 min ~ 1) Review: Last month's (16h) challenge success? “ ‘Clear-out!’ Get rid of cleaning product plastic bottles.”
2 min ~ 2) Festival Feast 15th & 22nd May. Open to all!
1 min ~ 3) Blue Flag and Seaside Awards progress. Robin Sykes' email response?
1 min ~ 4) Show the Love ~ thank you to Robin and Sue Sykes for hosting our participation End by: 7.21
10 min 3) Eastbourne Spring Water Festival 22”: 13th to 22nd May 2022
Events so far:
· Friday13th Closing date for sending in entries for “Sea” Creative Competition (send to email@example.com)
· Opening Ceremony with our Mayor ~ Sovereign Harbour (venue to be decided)
· Friday 13th to Sunday 22nd “Refill Quest”
· “walks to visit and use Refill Stations”
· Start of Catch 22's planning for their event
· Saturday 14th “Become a Citizen Scientist for an hour” ~ Cuckmere Haven
· “Studio on the Beach” ~ Cuckmere Haven
· “Seaweed Search” ~ Cuckmere Haven
· Eco-Stalls Fair ~ Western Lawns
· Sunday 15th “Big Beach Clean”
“RunWednesdays H20 Run”
· “Festival feast” ~ Crown and Anchor
· Monday 16th “Pilgrimage Walk from St Mary's Church”
· “Defiant Sports Harbour Litter Pick”
· Thursday 19th Litter pick in Price's Park” (Closed event)
· Friday 20th Litter pick on Western Lawns” (Closed event)
· Rock and Blues Concert by “Southern Spirit” ~ Crown and Anchor
· Saturday 21st “Become a Citizen Scientist for an hour” ~ Holywell
· “Studio on the Beach” ~ Holywell
· “Seaweed Search” ~ Holywell
· Litter pick in Prince's Park” (Closed event) · Blue Planet@Eastbourne ~ Lansdowne Hotel Conference Suite
· Sunday 22nd Closing Ceremony ~ with our Mayor ~ Holy Well
· “Festival feast” ~ Crown and Anchor End by: 7.31
5 min 4) This months ~No. 18 ~ Challenge of the Month: Register for an “ESWF22” event during March End by: 7.36
5 min 5) Lobbying campaign: “Biomass Plastics” End by: 7.41
10 min 6) Monitoring our campaign's journey towards Carbon Neutrality by 2030
To get to carbon neutral by 2030 will need regular (annual?) target setting with reviews. Indicators need agreeing. Suggestions:
*Number of refill stations; *number of PFChampions; *membership of PFE; *how many organisations have joined in this monitoring? Volunteer search? End by: 7.51
5 min 7) Refill* progress: a) Cornish Refill Stations: from “Our Only World” ~ Tina Robinson: progress report?
b) Welcome Centre Piazza Refill Station
c) Updating our Refill Eastbourne network End by: 7.56
5 min 8) Aviva fundraiser started 1st March End by:
10 min 9) Other causes ~
Participant contributions: to be “tabled”
· Please share and support ~ Christina Kearley ~ is running in the Eastbourne Half Marathon. She is fundraising for Plastic Free Eastbourne. Please help her raise £1000 for a Refill Station: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/eastbourne-half-pfeutm_term=NebMBBdwA&fbclid=IwAR3dsctqKk1yADnIrnToPOCjq7ZsuxtPj1hAD1m8gQ7wSaCgMCzqUl8bvA8 End by: 8.16
10 min 10) Diary of events:
1) Tuesday 1st: Eastbourne Greenpeace meets on the first Tuesday of each month, at 8 pm in the Crown and Anchor, Marine Parade, and also on zoom, for people who don't want to meet in person.
2) Friday 4th: our sixth “Eastbourne Spring Water Festival 22” Steering Group meeting
3) Sunday 6th: Monthly Meeting number 38 ~ online via Microsoft Teams
4) BHASSEXPLORE collective #greensockmovement (?)
5) Sunday 27th: Mucky Mermaids Beach Clean Eastbourne Redoubt 10 am End by: 8.26
4 min AOB:
~ Next month's challenge: ~Number 19 ~ Any suggestions?
~ next meeting (39th) Sunday: 3rd April, 7 pm ONLINE Click here to join the Monthly Meeting or “Face to Face location to be decided
“Speaker of the Month ~ to be chosen.
~ Items for next monthly meeting?? End by 8.30
~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For sale: 1)Wild Tribe Heroes books by Ellie Jackson ~ £7.99p each. On line: in the notes section write “PFE” and we will receive the profits for each book sold ~ https://wildtribeheroes.com/shop/
2) “Plastic Free Eastbourne” Cotton T-Shirts £9 each; new version £14 each ~ Organic Regenerated Cotton “Ecologie” by Awdis.com
3) Litter pickers £4 each. £7 folding litter pickers
Please contact me if you would like to purchase from these last 3 items.
Oliver Sterno Community Leader ~ Plastic Free Eastbourne
Community Coordinator ~ Refill Eastbourne